Our Office’s Safety Precautions
To help prevent the transmission of all respiratory infections, including COVID-19, we adhere to standardized infection control measures, such as performing hand hygiene, providing tissues and no-touch receptacles, and wearing facemasks and other personal protection equipment. We follow routine cleaning and disinfection, and sterilization strategies.
While our office already adheres to these standard precautions, there are several common-sense recommendations we are implementing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Making sure our masks, gloves, and eye protection are appropriate for the procedures performed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
Ongoing Safety Measures
Going forward, we will continue the following safety measures:
- Advanced Air Filtration: True-HEPA filtration systems are installed throughout our office and are cleaned weekly.
- Hand Sanitizer Availability: Hand sanitizers are available in our office for use by families.
- Fewer On-site Toys and Books: Your child will notice a reduction to on-site books and toys available during a dental visit. You may consider bringing something for them if they need a distraction.
Policies for Families
As we continue to navigate this health crisis, we ask that you adhere to the following:
- We will not treat patients with flu or cold-like symptoms for non-emergency appointments. We will ask you to reschedule if your child is sick at the time of your appointment. If your child is experiencing a dental emergency with symptoms, please call our office at (520) 544-8522 so we can find a way to assist you.
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call.