We provide children with dental fillings to restore holes caused by decay or to repair damaged sections of children’s teeth. We offer a variety of dental restorative materials including the white plastic compounds that mimic the appearance of natural teeth. These compounds, often called composite resins, are usually used on the front teeth where a natural appearance is important, as well as on the back teeth depending on the location and extent of the tooth decay.
What’s right for your child?
Several factors influence the performance, durability, longevity and expense of dental restorations, including:
- The components used in the filling material
- The amount of tooth structure remaining
- Where and how the filling is placed
- The chewing load that the tooth will have to bear
- The length and number of visits needed to prepare and adjust the restored tooth
Before your child’s treatment begins, your doctor will discuss all options and help you choose the best filling for your child’s particular case.