Dr. Norman Bunch, an exceptional dentist in Tucson, would like to welcome you to Northwest Children’s Dentistry. As a specialist in the field of pediatric dentistry, he believes in offering an individualized experience focused on prevention and acquiring lasting helpful behaviors. Dr. Bunch believes that a lifelong appreciation of oral health starts in childhood with prevention and good dental experiences. His primary goal is be a positive member of each child’s comprehensive healthcare by helping parents raise children who enjoy visiting the dentist.
Dr. Bunch maintains a strong commitment to community involvement and staying up to date with the evolving specialty of pediatric dentistry. He is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association, and Pima Dental Study Club. He maintains his board certification through the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Previous community service activities include First Things First Regional Counsel Member (Northwest Tucson), Southern Arizona co-State Team Leader for Head Start, and activist for water fluoridation and dental care for underprivileged children in Washington State.
After practicing for five years in the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Bunch and his wife, Dr. Marshall, returned to Tucson, Arizona in 2008 to raise their growing family. Dr. Bunch was born and raised here in Tucson and is a graduate of Canyon del Oro High School.
Dr. Bunch’s education and training includes:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of Washington (2000)
- Pediatric Dental Residency, University of Iowa (2003)
- Dental Public Health (MS), University of Iowa (2003)
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Executive Education, The Management Program, University of Washington (2007)
- Practiced Pediatric Dentistry, Mt. Vernon and Lynnwood, WA (2003-2008)
- Previous faculty appointments: Program Director for Lutheran Medical Center’s Pediatric Dental Residency, AZ site and Affiliate Faculty for the University of Washington, Department of Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Bunch enjoys sharing his free time with his wife and fellow Tucson, AZ dentist, Dr. Marshall, and their three sons. He is often found outdoors hiking, camping, or running. Dr. Bunch enjoys hunting, fishing, and outings with his sons. He also enjoys the rewards of practicing pediatric dentistry, especially contributing to a generation of children who enjoy visiting the dentist.